Sunday 27 December 2015

TB Joshua’s Wife, Evelyn Says Parents From Delta State Initially Against Marriage To SCOAN Prophet From Ondo State


Some people say his favourite food is pounded yam, is that true?

No! (Laughs). Should I tell you? Emmmm… I know he likes beans and corn, you know, the beans cooked together with corn, you know that? He can take that at least twice a week. Yoruba call it “Adalu”.

When he wants to go for solid food, which one does he prefer?

Yes, swallow or whatever? He takes that too but beans and corn are his favourites.

Mama, do you feel fulfilled marrying a prophet and having three beautiful, intelli­gent children, all girls?

Yes, I feel fulfilled. I don’t even know I don’t have any son because I have lots of boys around me. In this part of the world, most especially, from where I am from, people cherish male children, but my husband didn’t give me any reason to think of that.

You mean you are not under pressure from him or his family to have male children?

Not at all! I believe when you make that a problem, you begin to see it as a problem before you. But it’s not a problem to me at all.

Could you please tell us the secret behind your youthfulness, nobody will believe you have these grown-ups?
Really?

You know the good thing? I turned 47 on Thursday December 17.

Having this type of cross-cultural marriage because I learnt you are from Delta State and he is from Ondo State, how did it happen? Did you have challenges?

In every marriage, there are always challenges. I don’t even see that as a problem because we are both Nigerians. Even when you marry from your tribe, even your hometown there will still be problems. But you know, with maturity and fear of God, you can go on.

Did your parents object to the union initially
?

In every marriage you should expect that. That’s what keeps the marriage going. When you remember all the obstacles, you will want to make the marriage work. Honestly, you will want to do all you could to make it work. When you take a man or woman to your father’s house, you don’t expect everybody to welcome the person, but when you think of those people that say no, you will surely want to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

If you want to place your Advertisement here......Contact

08164136797
or
Sangoldtopzy2015@yahoo or gmail.com